£25 - 33 per hour
Development Engineer - Performance & Emissions
Up to £33.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
Our client is looking for an Experienced Engine Performance & Emissions Calibration Engineer.
The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and delivering engineering activity as part of the 4000 Series diesel product development activity and the newly launched 5000 series.
This role involves, engine performance calibration, analysing data and trends, root cause corrective action and validation of corrective actions.
The successful applicants must be flexible as the role involves working on a wide variety of projects within a small multi skilled team.
- Diesel Engine Performance and Emissions calibration
- Mechanical verification and validation of engine components and systems
- Defining and managing component validation plans
- Coordination of day-to-day engineering activity and management of test and analysis activity
- Failure analysis and defect resolution using industry-standard methods
- Technical reporting
- Support to the design function is required through FMEA attendance
- Occasional overseas travel may be necessary as required by business needs
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Engineering Degree or other equivalent qualification/experience
- Experienced in engine Performance and Emissions calibration
- Knowledge of emissions measurement techniques, worldwide emission regulations and emissions measurement hardware.
- Knowledge of turbocharger matching, fuel system optimisation and control system development.
- PC literacy, excellent use of all MS Office components
- High standard of written technical reporting
- Diesel engine component validation experience
- Working knowledge of industrial diesel engine systems such as cooling, lubrication, air etc...
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.