Development Engineer - Engine Systems - West Midlands - Attractive - Permanent
An Engine Systems Company is looking for a Development Engineer due to a new programme. You will be joining a great company and team managing Performance and Engine Development projects and programmes. The successful Development Engineer will need to have experience of engines and ideally the electronics and ignition systems behind the engine technology.
The Engine Development Engineer will have a proven background in calibration of either Gasoline or Diesel engines and background in working closely with customers on engine development projects.
The Responsibilities of the Development Engineer will include
- Testing and development of engines, transmissions, complete drivelines or components
- Engine research & development in line with project requirements
- Ensure projects are completed to the customers standards
- Develop improved methods and tools for engine testing
- Develop and maintain relationships with engineers, suppliers and client engineers
- Deliver timely solutions to any technical issues arising regarding engine development
- Design, plan and organise test programmes to meet regulatory requirements
- Supervise engine development testing, analyse data, ensuring data quality
- Work collaboratively with other departments on the integration of system
- Execute tests to evaluate and validate component/system performance
- Designing dynamometer and rig based engine test engineering
- Conduct post processing data and post-test evaluation
Skills and Qualification Requirements for the Development Engineer
- HND or ideally Degree qualified within Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Effective communication and people skills with practical hands on approach
- Capable of working efficiently as part of a small team to tight deadlines
- Capable of leading a project element with support from senior staff when necessary
- Effective team member contributing to improvements and high customer service.
- Engine testing experience and working knowledge of Gasoline and / or Diesel engines
- Detailed knowledge of engine mechanical development,
- Knowledge of combustion analysis or engine performance validation.
- Knowledge in Power conversion, Lubrication systems, Cooling systems, and Rotating parts
- Test cell and engine control familiarity
- Knowledge of fault tree analysis (FTA) / FMEA and practical problem-solving techniques
- Good report writing and presenting skills.
- Strong general knowledge of diesel/gasoline/gas engine fundamentals
- Knowledge of after treatment systems and their application
**Due to the products being manufactured - Security Clearance and ITAR Restrictions will apply to this vacancy**
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Development Engineer then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line +44 (0) 1384 446102 or email suitable MS Word Format CV's to