Job title: Design Development Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £40.00 per hour LTD
Industry: Diesel Engines
A Development Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
Each project offers the opportunity to work on the design and development of engines intended to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Ideal candidates will have engine development experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan & execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design & validation process for engine components and systems.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Good understanding of IC engine systems.
- Development / validation experience of engine components & systems.
- Proven experience of strong collaboration with component suppliers
- Ability to lead and deliver problem resolution projects for engine components or systems.
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
- Good understanding & application of APQP
Please contact James Tilley for more details.