Up to £36.00 per hour LTD
A Development Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
Each project offers the opportunity to work on the design and development of engines intended to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Ideal candidates will have engine development experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan & execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design & validation process for engine components and systems.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Strong technical background (HND/HNC or above preferred in mechanical engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- IC engine knowledge and experience (ideally diesel and off road).
- Demonstrated component ownership - working with suppliers, Creating / maintaining FMEA, Executing DVP – whole engine, rig and supplier testing, Working knowledge of APQP, Issue resolution and Data analysis.
- Ability to lead and deliver problem resolution projects for engine components or systems.
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage & deliver tasks to meet established commitments.
- Excellent communications skills & teamwork.
- Experience of core engine, oil and cooling components and or systems would be desirable but is not mandatory.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.