- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Duration: 12 months
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 13 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61935
Development Engineer, Air/Fuel Systems
Up to £45/hr - Inside IR35
Peterborough/Remote - Hybrid
A number of exciting opportunities have become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
You will join a component engineering team and lead the design and development of air and fuel system components on our clients brand engines, across new and current products.
Job Responsibilities and Duties :
- Plan and deliver air/fuel system/component development projects to time, cost and quality goals.
- Communicate project status and key issues to peers, stakeholders and management.
- Lead design reviews to gain cross-functional business support for new designs, supplier nomination and capital investment.
- Collaborate with suppliers to develop specifications and deliver quality solutions through APQP.
- Assess technical risk through FMEA; define and coordinate simulation and validation activities (DVP&R).
- Investigate and resolve technical issues using 8D methodology.
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand customer needs and design requirements.
- Write and review technical information and technical reports to support production design release.
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Bachelor's degree in an accredited Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent knowledge/experience).
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals, engine systems and component development.
- Good understanding of manufacturing principles and processes.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Expertise in fuel system, air system, EGR system, turbochargers, performance, data analysis.
- Experience of leading and participating in APQP, FMEA and DVP&R.
- Engineering experience gained in the off-highway diesel engine sector.
- Experience of designing components and systems in 3D CAD (PTC Creo), and Siemens TeamCenter PLM software.
- Strong analytical skills, and experience of developing components and systems through simulation, rig testing and complete system testing.
For further information, please send your interest and CV to – email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.