£25 - £40 per hour
about 2 years ago
Job title: Development Engineer (Air and Fuel)
Salary Range: Up to £40.00 per hour LTD
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Industry: Diesel Engines
A Development Engineer (Air and Fuel) has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
An excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design/development process for engine components and systems. This gives employees true product ownership and the opportunity to see their products through to volume production.
Candidates should be experienced in performing several of the below:
- Technical project leadership of the delivery of engine components & systems on New Product Introduction programmes.
- Development & validation of engine components and systems.
- Technical leadership for problem resolution on engine components & systems.
- Assessment of test results / data analysis.
- Component supplier management and collaboration.
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and define validation requirements.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain 'buy-in' from the business for selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Support field and production issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- IC engine knowledge and experience (ideally diesel and off road).
- Demonstrated component ownership - Working with suppliers, Creating / maintaining FMEA, Executing DVP - whole engine, rig and supplier testing, Working knowledge of APQP, Issue resolution and Data analysis.
- Ability to lead and deliver problem resolution projects for engine components or systems.
- Experience of fuel and or air system components and or systems would be desirable but is not mandatory.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.