£20 - £36 per hour
about 2 years ago
Job title: Development Engineer
Salary Range: Competitive - LTD
Industry: Diesel Engines - Aftertreatment
A Development Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The Development Engineer will join an Aftertreatment Component Engineering team that are responsible for design, release and validation of Aftertreatment components and systems needed to ensure engines meet ever more demanding emissions requirements.
The Development Engineer role is particularly important as they progress though the validation of major NPI projects.
The role ensures that components and systems are tested and validated so that they can deliver robust and durable products to their customers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creation of test / validation plans for Aftertreatment components and systems.
- Analysis of relevant data from field machines or from within GED.
- Investigating, understanding and fixing issues found during testing and validation (NPI issues).
- Working collaboratively with designers and the GED team to look for technical solutions.
- Supporting creation of design FMEAs and ongoing maintenance.
- Building solid relationships with key Aftertreatment suppliers.
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units.
- Contribute to the design of new products and processes.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus relevant engineering experience Or
- Time-served apprentice with an Engineering or Materials Science HNC/HND qualification with previous relevant engineering experience.
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines.
- Product validation experience (FMEA, DVP&R).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.