Up to 12 months contract
An opportunity for a Development Engineer has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
Joining the the Aftertreatment team who design, release and validate the Aftertreatment components and systems needed to ensure our client's engines meet ever more demanding emissions requirements.
The Development Engineer role is particularly important as they progress though the validation of major NPI projects. The role ensures that components and systems are tested and validated so that they can deliver robust and durable products to our customers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creation of test / validation plans for Aftertreatment components and systems.
- Prepare engineering drawings.
- Complete engineering design calculations, analysis, and computer simulation.
- Analysis of relevant data from field machines.
- Investigating, understanding and fixing issues found during testing and validation (NPI issues).
- Working collaboratively with designers to look for technical solutions.
- Supporting creation of design FMEAs and ongoing maintenance.
- Building solid relationships with key Aftertreatment suppliers.
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units.
- Contribute to the design of new products and processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus relevant engineering experience.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Ability to perform details calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.