£30 - 32 per hour
about 1 month ago
Duration – 12 months
Location – Stafford
Our client is a recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. Based within the Product Engineering Development department at the Stafford facility, this vacancy is initially a 12-month contract. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and delivering engineering activity as part of the 4000 Series diesel product development activity. This role involves, engine performance calibration, analysing data and trends, root cause corrective action and validation of corrective actions.
The successful applicants must be flexible as the role involves working on a wide variety of projects within a small multi skilled team.
- Diesel Engine Performance and Emissions calibration
- Mechanical verification and validation of engine components and systems
- Defining and managing component validation plans
- Coordination of day-to-day engineering activity and management of test and analysis activity
- Failure analysis and defect resolution using industry-standard methods
- Technical reporting
- Conducting all work to operating procedures and local work methods in order to meet compliance with quality standards.
- Support to the design function is required through FMEA attendance.
- The role will require collaboration with all platform teams based at the Stafford facility.
- Occasional overseas travel may be necessary as required by business needs.
- Engineering Degree or other equivalent qualification/experience
- Experienced in engine Performance and Emissions calibration
- Knowledge of emissions measurement techniques, worldwide emission regulations and emissions measurement hardware.
- Knowledge of turbocharger matching, fuel system optimisation and control system development.
- PC literacy, excellent use of all MS Office components
- High standard of written technical reporting
- Diesel engine component validation experience
- Working knowledge of industrial diesel engine systems such as cooling, lubrication, air etc...
- Planning, conducting and reporting on engine-based noise and vibration testing.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.