£Competitive plus benefits
A Development Engineer is required to deliver, lead and co-ordinate Research and Development (R+D) activities to develop new business opportunities and ensure successful on time delivery of the final product design. Candidates with experience of automotive product development and delivery at a tier 1 supplier or OEM would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a leading Tier 1 supplier based in Coventry requires a proactive Development Engineer to be the single point contact for cross functional management & support for the successful delivery of all responsible programs. As a Development Engineer you will be required to:
- Identify customer technology trends and communicate the information into the PD core groups to drive the development of new products to meet future customer requirements
- Ensure on time delivery of program milestones
- Work with functional managers to ensure efficient and effective use of resources to deliver assigned programs
- Deliver/support the team in the development of quality documentation
The Development Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or significant proven experience in product delivery field within an OEM or tier one supplier
- Mainstream automotive product delivery experience
- Awareness of OEM product specifications with regard to Thermal systems desirable
- DVP+R, FMEA, G8D, CAD & CAE appreciation
- Use of CATIA and Teamcentre
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with an appreciation of Thermal product functionality and application to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry based global Tier 1 supplier of automotive thermal applications including heating ventilation and air conditioning; powertrain cooling; compressors; fluid transport; and thermal and emissions solutions for conventional, electric, hybrid, fuel cell and autonomous vehicles will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Development Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Development Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.