Job Title: Development Engineer
Competitive Salary + Private Healthcare / Pension / Life Assurance / 33 Days Holiday inc Bank Holidays
Are you an experienced Development Engineer, looking for a challenging and rewarding new role, within an exciting dynamic Company?
We are currently recruiting for a Development Engineer to join our dedicated team in Coventry. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative engineering Company, and use your skills and extensive knowledge within a supportive, engaging environment.
The right candidate will work as part of the Development and Test team, to develop, test and analyse mechanical aspects of micro gas turbine engines and full generator systems.
- Performing a wide variety of development, testing and analysis tasks
- Set up and configure test equipment such as:
- Work as part of a close team of highly skilled engineers and designers, with a very quick loop from results to modifications
- Analysis of mechanical data such as vibration, noise, structures etc and developing improvements
- Adherence to, and creation of, risk assessments, safe systems of work and procedures
- Support certification of product
- Assisting with design of test equipment to perform the development tests
- Assisting Lead Development Engineer with design of rigs where necessary
- Working with engineering and test department to perform full generator system testing related to vibration, noise etc
- Load banks
- Vibration measurement systems
- Displacement measurement
- Mechanical Load measurement
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong background in a product mechanical development engineering
- Previous experience with vibration and noise testing and analysis is essential
- Experience with noise measurement, analysis and improvement is ideal
- Careful attention to detail in organising test data, build records etc to ensure the integrity of the results for years to come
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering with 5 years industrial experience
- Excellent computer skills with Ms office etc
- Design experience in Solidworks is ideal, desire to learn essential
- Bruel & kjer software and understanding of rotor dynamics is essential
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.