£30 - 36 per hour
Development Engineer - Diesel Engines
Up to £36/hr - Inside IR35
Peterborough/WFH - Hybrid
12 month initial contract
Each project offers the opportunity to work on the design and development of engines intended to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Ideal candidates would have a development and component ownership experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Key skills to be developed at this level are data extraction/review, failure analysis and problem solving, application of simulation tools and methods, and practical application of theory and concepts.
Candidates should be experienced in performing elements as below:
- Execution of engine component & system validation activities
- Execution of technical issue resolution
- Working with suppliers to develop specifications, hardware, and design solutions
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks, specify plan, and execute validation
- Conducting component and system reviews to obtain cross-functional business approval
- Development of engineering technical information to facilitate the release of parts onto bills of material in preparation for volume production
- Support resolution to production, test, and field issues, working with suppliers diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered
- Good understanding of manufacturing principles and processes
- Development experience of mechanical components and systems, including both rig and complete system testing
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage and deliver tasks/complex projects to meet established commitments
- Prior engine development and validation experience
- 8D problem solving, creation and maintenance of DVP&R and FMEA's
- Experience of developing new designs following APQP methodology
- Strong analytical skills, and experience of developing mechanical components and systems through simulation, rig testing and complete system testing
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.