almost 2 years ago
Job Title: Despatch Planner
A Despatch Planner is required to join a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines based at their main site in Peterborough UK. This is a contract up until 31 March 2020, which potential for extension.
The Despatch Planning Team resides within the PEC Supply Chain Team and is responsible for arranging the collection and despatch of all customer engine and parts orders. The team operates in a fast paced environment and interacts with a number of areas across the IPSD business in order to ensure we meet the customers committed ship dates.
This position will focus on the timely management of transport arrangements for all customer orders despatched from the PEC & PSEL facilities, via various modes of transportation. The role will be mainly responsible for the adherence to customer shipping terms (Incoterms), payment terms, and measurement of our committed Ship date performance and management of finished goods stock
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in data processing position.
- Consistent focus on accuracy whilst maintaining required velocity.
- Knowledge of Inco terms / International despatch & haulage processes
- Intermediate Excel spreadsheet experience and the ability manipulate data.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of working with MFG Pro.
- Manage Logistics and system management for despatch from Peterborough warehouse and off site facilities.
- Verify despatch requirements by customer on a daily basis and ensure sales orders are aligned to best practice for optimising loads.
- Checking engine availability, reskid requirements etc
- Maintenance and booking of timeslots within Transwide web system.
- Generation of load booking reference within the ECI database.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with MPS and Account Coordinator Teams.
- Communication with all areas of MPS to ensure 'finished' engines are available in time for their required committed ship date
- Communication with hauliers for arranging collections.
- Maintain professional interface between Orders Management and despatch team.
- Constant and consistent communication with the Account Coordinator Teams to ensure all customer committed ship dates (CSD) are adhered to.
- Recording of CSD (Committed Ship Date) performance
- Production of load sheet for all collections
- Verification of Letter Of Credits to ensure shipping method is adhered to.
- Calculation of container and trailer utilisation.
- Full understanding and adherence to the Dangerous Goods by Air regulations.
- Adherence to Customer Incoterms.
- Haulier invoice approval
- Orders Management Teams
- Logistics Analysts
- Freight Suppliers
- Factory 4 Despatch Team
- 3 rd Party Logistics Service Provider
- PEC and PSEL MPS Teams
- Accounts Payable Team
- Building Trust
- Work Standards
- Working Together
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Partnerships
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.