Design Engineer - Metal Components
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the purpose of the role is to design, develop and configure products in line with specific customer requirements.
- Produce product and component designs from customer specifications through to manufacturing readiness using 3D Design software.
- Produce supporting detail drawings and bills of material for integration into product configuration and ERP software tools.
- Support business unit continuous and productivity and service level improvement activities working with process/manufacturing engineers.
- Contribute to redesign-to-cost projects in line with the business unit strategic plans and targets.
- Working closely with the Manufacturing Engineering team to ensure design for manufacture and assembly.
- Design experience in an assembly and component manufacturing environment.
- Advanced experience of 3D Design software ideally Solidworks.
- Experience of sheet metal forming and fabrication processes.
- Knowledge of casting and injection moulding processes is preferred.
- A knowledge of electric motors and drives would be useful.
- Qualified to at least HNC level
How to Apply
To apply, please do so online, attaching a copy of your CV and details of your current remuneration.