£18 - 23 per hour
11 months ago
Job title: Design Software Electronics Engineer
Salary Range: £18.00 - £23.00 per hour
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Location: Welshpool, Powys
Contract to Hire or Permanent contract working for a leading independent defence technology solutions company.
A Design Software Electronics Engineer is required with knowledge of designing and developing power management, cryptographic and security systems for MOD/government-based clients.
Candidates with knowledge of field programme gate arrays(FPGAs), architectural design for Software Defined Radios(SDRs) and an expertise in VHDL language would be well received.
Due to organic growth this client based in Welshpool Powys requires a dynamic, leading Design Software Electronics Engineer on a contract to hire or permanent basis. As a Design Software Electronics Engineer, you will be required to:
- Interact with multi-disciplinary teams of software, systems, mechanical and production engineers to provide the electronics hardware solutions.
- To be a focal point for the provision of the entire electronics solution; from concept through to manufacturing and production line testing
- Implementation of embedded processors to meet the functional and security requirements; Field Programme Gate Arrays(FPGAs) and ARM
- Architectural design for Software Defined Radio(SDR) applications incorporating secure configuration management
- Design power supplies for embedded applications in MOD environments.
- Design and implementation for demanding Security & EMC environments.
- PCB design including layout, and manufacturing data pack creation
- Using VHDL, C, C++ and Python(Not essential) languages
The Design Software Electronics Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- British national and citizen (no dual nationality) and able to obtain UK MOD Security vetting criteria.
- Degree qualified with preferably with 2 or more years’ relevant experience
- Field Programme Gate Arrays (FPGA),ARM,
- Architectural design for SDR(Software Defined Radio)
- Proficient in VHDL
- Competent in C, C++
- Python but not essential
- Interface designs for Sensor Integration
- A2D(Analog to Digital) and D2A (Digital to Analog)
- Interface designs: CAN, ModBus, Ethernet and including the integration of COTS RF solutions, GPS, WiFi, 2.4GHz Tx/Rx
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Design Software Electronics Engineer. In return for your experience, this Welshpool based leading independent defence technology solutions company will offer you:
- Contract to Hire or Permanent position
- 37 hour working week with overtime available
- £18.00 - £23.00 per hour
- 25 days plus stats holiday
- Contribution pension
- Other benefits
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of field programme gate arrays(FPGAs), architectural design for Software Defined Radios(SDRs) and an expertise in VHDL and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Design Software Electronics Engineer, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.