Design / Project Engineer - 35525 - up to £21.66/hour Ltd Co - Chassis Engineering
Within Chassis Suspension Systems Architecture, the Suspension Structures team is responsible for design and development of control arms, wheel hubs, knuckles, cross axis joints, ball joints and bearings for all platforms. We are design authors for our components and therefore our primary function is ground-up design of all these components from concept through detail design and delivery into production.
As a Design Engineer you will support the team to deliver robust, efficient components that meet or exceed performance targets, on-time and on-quality. This means the role requires a high level of detailed engineering design knowledge that can be applied across all platforms, to work with team members and supporting functions, component optimisation and engineering sign off for components.
The Design Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the CAD & CAE from concept to production and must ensure a robust DVP for signoff. In addition to this there will also be involvement with setting direction for new programmes, through leading the FMA (formally APC) function.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Experience of robust detailed component design (ideally of cast, forged and pressed metal components plus plastic mouldings).
- CATIA & CAE experience. Experience in creating and reviewing component drawings with knowledge of datum systems and tolerancing.
- Experience of component design to deliver performance attributes (durability, stiffness, weight, cost).
- Candidates will ideally be educated to degree level.
- Experience of component project management.
- Effective communication and team working skills.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.