£25 - 30 per hour
Up to £30.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
Desford, Leicestershire (WFH Flex)
Off Highway/Diesel Engines
A Design/Development Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As an engineer on the Engine System Team the successful candidate will lead the resolution of critical customer issues and new designs as part of continuous improvement on the engine installation on small construction equipment.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead investigations into production and/or field issues to determine root causes and develop engineering solutions to resolve issues
- Review warranty and failure data to identify emerging issues in field populations
- Determine possible root causes of issues and support with warranty information and engineering knowledge
- Develop engineering solutions which will include design changes, manufacturing support and/or field support
- Plan and support the execution of validation of designs both in controlled settings and possibly with customer applications
- Prepare and present design reviews of proposed solutions
- Collaborate with supply chain engineering and manufacturing to bring solutions to market in timely and cost-efficient fashion
- Collaborate with engine supplier to track, resolve and communicate issues to the product groups
- Management of engineering changes through life cycle management
- Working with a global team that requires virtual collaboration
- Working with design resources and suppliers to rapidly implement design changes
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Understanding of design for manufacturing / design for assembly philosophies
- Working knowledge of solid modelling (ideally CREO and Teamcenter)
- General understanding of engines and engine installation, ideally in construction equipment
- Engineering Degree Qualification or HND with experience
- Creativity in generation of solutions
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.