£24 per hour
Design Quality Engineer
Pay - £24.00/hr PAYE
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs:
- Maintaining quality master list status to date
- Organising appropriate quality reviews including Customer Satisfaction Team Pilot and Leader review
- Preparing quality status and scorecard reports for the assigned Customer Satisfaction Team
- Preparing the required market data analysis to summarise concerns
Support NLX department responsible for leading, driving and supporting continuous quality enhancements for vehicles to ensure highest possible level of customer satisfaction. The Design Quality Engineer role has huge influence on quality through utilisation of experience and enthusiasm to enable, engage and support quality improvement activity. Role includes global and cross functional communication.
Current model - to create and manage plans to assist Design in meeting our warranty, dissatisfaction, durability, breakdown targets, supporting technically to deliver sound solutions.
New model - to support new vehicle programmes utilizing best practice from previous developments along with ensuring consistent application.
Key role as design quality engineer is maintain quality master list status and proactively progress each concern through:
- Organising regular reviews, capturing discussion and issuing clear actions.
- Adding value to technical reviews by applying design engineering principles to make clear:
- Concern definition
- Target performance
- Investigation method
- Root cause
- Analysis market claim data and making a simplified summary to make clear to design team the concern, phenomena, customer and business impact.
- Prepare and present regular status reports and scorecards
- Conduct Newness Assessment audit to ensure correct R&D process has been followed.
- Cross functional communication involving design, test, marketability, market quality and plant departments.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- HND or Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent)
- Experience in OEM design and/or test
- Proven quality, customer focused mindset
- Strong data analysis skills and manipulation knowhow (Excel skills)
- Experience of mass production techniques.
- Able to demonstrate evidence of working individually to a given brief on own initiative whilst delivering and reporting to a matrix management.
- Practiced in using quality tools such as fault tree analysis, 5 why's, KT analysis, Weibull analysis and carrying out root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Understands and familiar in the use of the PDCA cycle (Plan Do Check Action)
- Comfortable representing the department in internal meetings and occasionally with suppliers
- Evidence of chairing technical meetings to progress and resolve market issues.
- Able to work productively with colleagues of different nationalities
Travel requirements: occasional plant, supplier and dealer visits may be required (expected less than 4 per year)
Currently working from home is required however the guidelines for this will be adjusted depend on the requirements of the role.
To appy for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.