A Design Quality Engineer for Mechanical Structures is required to work for a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Our client is looking for a Design Quality Engineer to be a quality authority within engineering product development teams, to ensure that quality requirements are addressed throughout the engineering development of new products. You will be focussed on mechanical structures across product groups, including key air to air refuelling and weapons carriage and release programs.
The role is a development position and they are looking for a candidate that demonstrates future leadership potential from a strong mechanical engineering background.
As a Design Quality Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree or equivalent calibre experience in Mechanical/Aerospace engineering.
- Mechanical Design office/Engineering background that could include fabrication, machining, mechanical assemblies and Geometric tolerancing.
- Proven Quality experience operating in EN9100, EN9110, TickIT Plus, EASA Part-21(G) & EASA Part-145 environments.
- Trained lean / six sigma practitioner.
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
- Quality Planning - ability to effectively flow down Customer specific requirements into new designs, and ensuring capture of all quality requirements relating to the achievement of product compliance
- Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D, and DFMEA / PFMEA.
- Sound engineering experience and associated Quality & Inspection knowledge.
- QMS implementation and lead auditing to recognised aerospace standards
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
- Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.