almost 2 years ago
Design/Proposal Engineer (Process Equipment)
Design, Development, CAD, Process, Equipment, Fluid Flow, Layout, Autocad, Solidworks
A Design/Proposal Engineer is required with knowledge of process equipment design and development for high volume FMCG companies. Candidates with experience of mechanical design, fluid flow and equipment layouts within an FMCG, Food or Chemical arena would be well received.
Due to continues growth this high progressive, world class South Leicestershire based company requires a proactive design specialist with exposure to process equipment or special purpose machinery for a new permanent role. As a Design/Proposal Engineer you will be required to:
- Support the design, development and layout of bespoke process equipment and systems covering valves, flow meters, sensors, instrumentation and mechanical assemblies.
- Provide technical input for customer quotation and supplier negotiation looking at RFQ's, BOM's, project costing and equipment design.
- Work with cross function teams to coordinate and deliver client proposals from initial site visit, product/process specification and tender delivery.
The Design/Proposal Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Good understanding of CAD systems (AutoCad/Solidworks) and ability to design process flow equipment or special purpose equipment (especially within the Food/FMCG or Chemical industries)
- Strong communication and organizational skills being able to coordination cross functional teams (purchasing, manufacturing, sale, suppliers) to ensure RFQ's are delivered within time and budgetary constraints
- Ability to represent the company at client and supplier meetings to ensure that the project and proposals are delivered on time
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge in the design of process equipment within the Food, FMCG and/or Chemical industries looking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this South Leicestershire based company will offer you:
- £Competitive Plus Benefits
- Career progression and development within a world class organisation
- The opportunity to work on some exciting project in the development of new products, equipment and processes
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in the design and development of process equipment and specialist machinery and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Design/Proposal Engineer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email