A Design Manager (Mechanical) or Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of leading design projects for electro-mechanical assemblies and mechanisms is required for a leading manufacturer of precision inspection equipment.
The role of Design Manager / Senior Mechanical Design Engineer includes the following:
- Lead a small team of mechanical designers and electronics designers to design new electro-mechanical solutions used for precision testing.
- The mechanical designs will include mechanisms, castings, work holding, jigs and fixtures.
- Work closely with electronics team to ensure mechanical designs are created with ease of manufacture manufacture and with consideration to how the electrical/electronic components will fit into the machine housing.
- Design solutions in Solidworks
The suitable candidate for Design Manager / Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Existing Design Manager or Senior Mechanical Designer
- Strong engineering skills and experience of designing mechanisms, jigs and fixtures.
- Able to work to tight deadlines taking the lead on all new projects.
- You do not need experience with electronics however experience designing mechanical solutions which includes electrical components is desirable.
- Any experience of designing castings will be an advantage as all machines contains cast components.
If you have the required skills and experience and you are looking for a Design Manager /Design Lead position with a high precision manufacturer, then please click on the link to apply. In return, we can offer an attractive salary and exciting position to design the next generation of metrology equipment.