- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59172
Title: Design Integration Lead Engineer & Project Control - 37354
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: EMC Wolverhampton
Rate: - Up to £32.47/hour Ltd (c£25/hr PAYE option)
This is a Lead Engineer role within Manufacturing Engineering.
Role Profile: A Lead Engineer who will be responsible for delivering Project and / or Programme Commissions, at a scale of a Cell Design or Line Design. The Successful Candidate will lead the supply of the Design Integration; working closely with Tool Mechanical, Electrical and Controls Design, Simulation, Discrete Event Simulation and Layout. The candidate will work with these teams, ensuring a co-ordinated delivery of the Projects, co-ordinating the System Design with the Customer Requirements, from Project Concept to Project Installation and Handover. The successful candidate will be able to draw from previous experiences within one or more of the Design and Integration delivery areas (Design, Simulation, Layouts, Installation, Commissioning). They will be able to Lead Cross Functional Teams to deliver to Customer Requirements, and, interface and react to the requirements of all Internal Customers within the Project Delivery Process (from Concept, Design, Manufacture, Installation and Hand Over). They will have a focus on Delivery, Lessons Learnt, Standards and Processes development. They will have strong communication skills, ability to align diverse teams to a common goal and interpersonal skills to be able to listen and guide where appropriate at all levels. The work could support Projects in all of our Technology Areas; Body In White, Trim & Final, Paint, and Engines / Batteries / Drives.
The skills we are looking for are, but not limited to, the following Leadership experiences:
- To Lead multiple Design Projects and the associated Design Teams
- To Lead Improvements into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- To Create and Update into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- To gain Customer Feedback, and drive that back into our working practices
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL
Robust character, resilient in pressured environment, programme/project planning, ability to complete Compatibility Assessments / Impact Assessments, working knowledge of Assembly and Part Locator, strategy Requirements, 3D Tool Design Skills from Concept, through Detail to Detailing and Delivery, ability to generate and resolve Design Snags and Issues. Driving resolutions. Deep knowledge of 2D Manufacturing (Detailed) Drawing and BoM. Buy Offs and Handover. To manage buy-off and hand-over of designs with Customers and Manufacturers. Working knowledge of Assembly Tooling Standards. Comply with, and ensure that all data delivered is robust, meets expectations and is properly managed. Demonstrable Cost Engineering. Cost & feasibility studies in support of engineering change proposals. Ability to assess both internal and external designs with respect to total lifetime. Value For Money Assessment (for Design, Industrialisation and Production).
Tool Design Experience, Pneumatic Controls Experience, Electrical Controls Experience, Experience of working on JLR Projects, Experience of Design Risk Assessment, CE Marking process, VISTAG compliance.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A strong team player, who actively supports team members.
- An individual with good problem solving skills, with the ability to drive effective engineering solutions.
- An individual with the ability to effectively plan and deliver against customer and programme requirements.
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual, who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs.
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas, across multi-functional groups.
- A proactive individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way, whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
We are looking for a Design Integrator who has a wealth of Design experience across the Automotive Field.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.