about 2 months ago
Design Engineer - Thermal Systems
Permanent - Competitive plus benefits
Working on new and existing product programmes you will work as part of the thermal management team operating from within the Operator Environment Category.
However this role is not limited to only aspects of occupant experience, it is also has a significant cross-functional component operating in conjunction with machine cooling and electrification to deliver future product requirements in a robust, consistent manner to high quality and high cost efficiency.
Working from initial concept to series production and beyond you will work throughout the product development lifecycle to ensure that HVAC and machine thermal management systems and parameters are fully specified, correctly implemented and thoroughly validated.
Your Responsibilities as a Design Engineer:
Delivery of a machine thermal management strategy, specifying associated HVAC and machine thermal management systems and hardware and the integration of these systems into a variety of machine architectures. You would work alongside machine project engineers and internal and external supply partners to deliver robust, compliant and flexible solutions to meet machine level requirements.
- Experience in automotive HVAC and thermal management
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Automotive or Mechanical engineering
- Current full UK driving licence
- Working knowledge of all aspects of vehicle engineering
- Familiar with CAD and Product Life cycle Management systems
- Clear analytical understanding of multi-phase heat transfer and dissipation models
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles and keen analytical skills
- Ability to work in extreme environmental conditions +55C to -30C and confined spaces
- Familiarity with "Off-Highway" construction and Agricultural machines
- HEV and BEV experience
- 1d and lumped parameter modelling and simulation e.g. Amesim, Simulink®, Excel
- Skills in Siemens NX and PLM systems
- CFD simulation pre and post processing
- F-Gas certification
- Knowledge of F-Gas and alternative refrigerant technologies
- Understanding of Human thermal comfort
- Appreciation of electrical/electronic control systems
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.