Design Engineer (Seating)
£30 - £38 P/H Ltd
Seating, Mechanisms, Design, Development, NX, Catia
Design Engineer (Seating) is required with knowledge of seating systems design and development for from concept through to prototype. Candidates with experience of the automotive or motorsport industry would be well received.
Due to securing the development of a new vehicle program and continued growth our client, a World Class automotive organisation based in the Coventry area requires experienced and proactive Design Engineer (Seating) for these long-term contract opportunities (6 - 12 months). As a Design Engineer (Seating) you will be required to:
- Design and package of Seating systems and associated components in compliance to customer, legal and industry standards.
- Ensure designs are suitable for supplier and plant manufacture / assembly.
- Preparing of engineering change proposals with associated studies.
- Participating in customer and supplier design meetings.
- 100% accuracy of CAD to 2D and 3D and support of PLM Releasing System.
- Provide Component / Assembly Engineering Drawings in line with industry standards.
- Review, sign-off and support the release of Directed Source and Supplier released Drawings within the Lear PLM System.
- Support, co-ordinate and audit, Low Cost Country off shoring as required.
- Fulfill customer engineering project time lines for release of design systems
The Design Engineer (Seating) should have the following skills or experience:
- Design and Development Seat Systems and associated components
- Knowledge of CAD, NX 7.5/9.0 and TCe within automotive design and release.
- Knowledge of reading, interpreting and definition of technical drawings to ensure robust definition of component parts and assemblies.
- Knowledge of how to read and use engineering specifications
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of the Design and Development of Seating Systems seeking an opportunity to work within new prestigious vehicle programs. In return for your experience, this Coventry based automotive company will offer you:
- A very competitive rate £30 - £40 per/hour
- 6 - 12 months contract duration
- The opportunity to work on a range of fast moving and challenging projects
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of the design/development of seating systems and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Design Engineer (Seating) role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email