Job Title: Design Engineer – Robotics 40972
Salary: £35200 - £44000 depending on experience
Posted Date: 26/07/2019
The NPI Robotics team are responsible for creating all the concepts for our Clients robotics platforms, and are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and push the boundaries. This role involves all stages of product development, going from concept, product research, design, prototyping, implementation and testing through to reviews with stakeholders. You'll embody the technologies developed by the Research team in to full blown products. You'll investigate customer insights and understand what they need. You'll look at what development areas we should focus on and ask what makes a viable product, which can vary in different global locations.
This is a creative team, so you'll need to have a good understanding of the robotics domain, techniques, algorithms and state of the art to have the grounding to come up with new and innovative ideas. You'll need a good system understanding - to look at a robot and understand how it'll work in different environments. You'll come up with novel and exciting concepts and trial those to see what will or won't work.
- Initiate new product concepts and ideas and identify market opportunities from a blank sheet of paper.
- Take a proactive approach in the generation of ideas - host brainstorms, gather research, select and present ideas and concepts to senior management.
- Champion great design to produce products that meet all performance and functional criteria.
- Work seamlessly with research teams to utilise the wealth of technical skills to get the best value from our client’s technologies.
- Challenge and develop engineering practices to continuously improve design quality.
- Design reviews with stakeholders and/or Executive, as required.
- A degree in a relevant robotics, engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Happy providing a creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes
- Practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing
- Experience of either Python, MATLAB, C/C++ or ROS is required
- You may need to travel internationally for R&D purposes
If you are currently looking for a new role or keen to hear more about this opportunity then please get in touch with David Powers at Jonathan Lee.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.