To operate in a Design team carrying out challenging programmes of work on state of the art aircraft engines. The roles offer opportunities for developing skills, knowledge and experience in this exciting industry.
This involves working on Producibility tasks associated with Non Conformance Management applying design and engineering principles. The role is for a Design Assessor in the Precision Machined Components areas of Installations.
* Deliver component design work packages for compressor and turbine cases and other precision machined components
* Provide inputs necessary to estimate the effort for delivery of a work pack while meeting the detailed requirements associated with the progression of tasks through review processes.
* Identify technical risks in projects and communicate to the team leader for further action
* Ensure that all project stakeholders have the right information at the right time, through pro-active communication.
* Investigate the non-conformance that is reported to design team. Non-conformance can be due to dimensional deviations, manufacturing process deviations or material specification deviation.
* Review the impact of non-conformance on Fit, Form and Function
* Lay up in NX and perform tolerance stack up calculations as required
* Assess the effect of non-conformance on mating components
* Propose sentencing category
* Propose disposition action (Use As Is, Scrap, Repair)
* Propose the need for specialist assessment (where required)
* Review the non-conformance investigation results with Design Approver
* Present the investigation solution to Non Conformance Authority
* Prepare technical documentation to capture the solution
* Contribute to development of best practices and productivity improvement
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS (ESSENTIAL TO CARRY OUT THIS ROLE)
Applicants should have a proven background in Aerospace Engineering with experience in the design of Aero gas turbine mechanical structures and systems, at component, sub system, system and installation levels.
Experience in the area of precision machined components within aero engine domain is preferred.
* Understand complex geometries and understand the interfaces with other systems.
* Conduct tolerance analysis and assess tolerance stack ups.
* Generate design requirements documents'.
* Understand the meaning and relevance of analysis results; apply this to a design strategy or specific solutions.
* Develop technical solutions, compliant with requirements.
* Experience in Precision Machined components design and concessions assessment is desired.
* Demonstrate a good understanding of gas turbine stress and vibration considerations.
* Understanding of the behaviour and limitations of aerospace materials.
* An understanding of component lifing strategies and limitations.
* An understanding of manufacturing methods and processes.
BEng Level or above (or equivalent) in Aeronautical, Mechanical or Aerospace