£24.48 - 24.48 per hour
about 1 month ago
Design Engineer - Exterior Trim Systems (JP00000374)
12 months assignment
£24.48 p/h PAYE - Inside IR35
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Development of exterior trim parts to meet the design spec and styling intention
- Design release of parts on time and on budget
- Supplier test plan and quality management to achieve design standards
- Clear and concise reporting of concerns and part development/delivery issues.
- Working with styling, project management, purchasing, test and manufacturing departments to take exterior trim parts from design concept to manufacture. Evaluation and root cause analysis investigation of market concerns.
- Responsibility for development of exterior trim parts including, but not limited to, bumpers, side mouldings, spoilers, grilles air guides and emblems.
- Responsibility for budget calculation and allocation of parts listed above.
- Travel is required to other facilities for build support and styling design reviews, and suppliers for part inspections and technical meetings
- The contractor would not be required to provide training to others, but would be expected to actively participate in design reviews sharing their knowledge and experience
- The primary place of work will be onsite but flexible working from home in line with the rest of the business will be allowed
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Automotive engineer with exterior trim development experience
- Ideally degree level qualified
- Experience of development process and automotive systems
- Experience of NX and TeamCenter
To apply to this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.