£24 per hour
4 months ago
Design Engineer Exterior Trim (JP00000325)
Pay Rate - PAYE £24.00/hr
Key Output: Make design change proposals that will deliver Parts cost and or quality improvements or to resolve Customer Concerns and Plant manufacturing concerns.
Parts Scope: Exterior Trim Parts/Systems (e.g. Bumpers, Air Spoilers, Rad Grilles, Over Fender Mouldings, Crash Systems, Head Lamps, Rear Lamps, Fog Lamps etc, Wiper Systems, Mirrors).
- Engineer responsible to study parts, assemblies & assembly processes and make design change proposals to deliver Parts cost and or quality improvements or to resolve Customer Concerns and Plant manufacturing concerns.
- Levelling the change direction with the Senior Engineer.
- Getting agreement from related parties e.g. supplier, manufacturing etc and getting cost confirmation.
- Releasing the design changes. Typically: arranging and monitoring supplier and Nissan testing and supporting line trials before adoption.
- The Engineer will work closely with other areas mainly manufacturing, test groups, purchase and Suppliers.
- Typically involves Modification of injection moulded parts.
- Sometimes producing a new parts design requiring new tooling, to integrate parts/ use a different manufacturing or assembly method, to improve cost.
- Working from home and in the office as necessary and dependent on latest guidelines. Some travel to sites.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in design for manufacture of Injection moulded Parts and assemblies.
- It would be Beneficial to have experience working with design and or manufacture of some of the parts in the Scope or similar parts from other industries.
- It would also be beneficial to have Experience in the design/ manufacture of fabricated steel parts, stamping, forming, welding.
There is an assumption that the candidate will be proficient in the following:
- Working knowledge of injection moulding design.
- Working knowledge of coating processes e.g. Painting, Plating
- Working knowledge of assembly methods screw fixing, welding etc
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook
To apply to this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.