£25 - £40 per hour
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Design Engineer - Diesel Engines
Rate:L Up to £40.00 per hour LTD or Umbrella
Industry: Off Highway
A Design Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The successful applicant for this position will join the Component Engineering department and will take responsibility for design and development activities of components and systems for brand engine ranges.
Each project offers the opportunity to work on the design and development of engines intended to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Ideal candidates would have a mix of design and development experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Design and sourcing of core engine architecture including: -
- Cylinder heads & blocks, valve mechanisms, camshafts, gears and aluminium die cast components.
- Working directly with the Technical Lead to identify and deliver components and systems.
- Working with suppliers to develop component and system solutions using APQP to deliver high quality results.
- Conducting FMEA's on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Strong diesel engine technical background.
- Technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering, though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Design and development process experience for engine components and system.
- Excellent communications skills & Teamwork across a global organisation.
- Experience of running and participating in APQP, FMEAs and Design & Development Reviews.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.