Design Engineer - Off Highway
12 month initial contract
A Design Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for delivering a significant portion of the next generation cab design, supporting the tech lead in delivering the operator station solution for a compact wheel loader NPI program.
You will be expected to provide intelligently designed, reliable, cost effective operator station structure, non-metallics and components for the future CWL product.
Primarily utilising Creo 2 (Pro/E) and aligned PLM tools, you will be responsible for delivering cab engineering support to the product group for use in current production and future machine platforms.
Responsibilities include supporting current production by interfacing with assembly operations and working with our manufacturing supply base to provide validated design solutions in resolving known issues.
You would be expected to contribute to varying stages of the new product development process including; requirements capture, specification, FMEA, design, development testing, validation and certification depending on the individuals skills sets.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Expected to be competent in mechanism design, ROPS design, light fabrication.
- Be familiar with fabrication tooling - Weld fixtures, pressings, forming processes.
- Issue tracking and resolution.
- Competent in non-metallic design (CAD surfacing skills), familiar with injection moulding, roto-moulding, thermo-forming & blow moulding processes.
- Be able to read structural design drawings.
- Be able to collaborate with injection moulding tooling suppliers.
- Understand geometric tolerance schemes.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.