Design Engineer - Body/Closures
Up to £46.00 per hour - (Inside IR35)
Coventry/Remote - Hybrid
The CAD Engineer will be responsible for the technical delivery of Body or Closures and will ideally be able to demonstrate relevant engineering experience, gained from working on module area systems design & development, from concept to production.
- Leading the development of the 3D and 2D models for closure & mechanism engineering
- Engineering BoM development. Cost / weight pack development. Weight BoM management
- DFMEA & DVP creation & maintenance
- Design surface (CAS) feasibility ‘FC' checks. Provide feasibility advice & guidance
- Participate in cross functional integration reviews for components & systems, considering technical application, form, function & harmonisation of the execution
- Drive closure of issues & establish the cost, weight & timing impacts
- Support the module deliverables through to the programme required gateway
- Benchmarking of competitor vehicles & reporting of findings
- Interface with cross functional teams (Package, Analysis, Manufacturing, DVA etc) & implement recommendations where appropriate to create a right first-time release
To apply for this position you should have the following:
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or automotive design.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge in Body or Closures Engineering
- Catia v5 – parametric model generation
- Experience of using TCUA (Team Centre) & PLM preferable
- Engineering experience in delivery of the designated module systems in the automotive sector or similar industries
- Evidence of engineering skills, including ability to manage & resolve engineering issues
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.