£24 per hour
about 1 month ago
Design Engineer (BIW and Trim Parts Design)
Rate: £24 ph PAYE
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
Carry out work necessary to deliver part and system design tasks on BIW and trim to cost, quality and timing targets.
- Development of new BIW and trim parts and systems and Maintenance of existing BIW and trim parts systems for all vehicles
- Ability to travel within UK, Europe, Japan, USA and Russia is necessary
- Working from home is possible with prior agreement of Key Contact provided home is within the UK.
- Work with our client, alliance partner, suppliers and any other external organisations as required.
Qualifications, Skills Training Requirements
- Minimum HNC/HND or international equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline. Degree level qualification preferred.
- Extensive experience in automotive design, minimum Tier 1 supplier, OEM preferred.
- CAD skill is highly preferable but not mandatory (preferably NX)
- Experience of supplier management is necessary
- Experience of working with other automotive OEMs is highly desirable
- Experience of working with BIW pressings and assembly as well as trim parts is necessary
- Driving licence valid in the UK/EU is necessary
- English language skills must be sufficient to carry out the work required.
- There is an assumption that the candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Engineer should be able to work on their own initiative
- Competent with Microsoft Office software
Is role/worker in scope for IR-35 : Yes
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.