Design Engineer – Advanced Engines – Sussex / Remote working - £ Temp to Perm - Competitive DOE
Our client is developing a novel high efficiency / low pollution engine for heavy duty transport and power. This innovative solution is attracting huge interest as an environmentally positive and practical solution to future emissions legislation. The company is now running prototype hardware and has well-funded and ambitious plans to rapidly industrialise the technology.
The successful candidate will support the Chief Engineer, in designing and developing upgrades and future engine concepts.
As Design Engineer – You will be required to
- Hold technical responsibility for conceptual and detailed designs of components, assemblies and systems.
- Coordinate with suppliers to establish solutions, develop designs and release drawings for prototype manufacture.
- Coordinate and run simulations, to refine concepts and embrace design changes driven by robust analysis.
- Support engineering partners and academic institutions in delivering test programs. Managing suppliers where appropriate.
- Forward plan work and resource, managing and mitigating risk.
As Design Engineer – You will have
- A relevant degree and experience of internal combustion engine design.
- Be fluent in thermodynamics and engine systems technology and engineering.
- Experience of using CAD PTC Creo and PLM, is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of using FEA, 1D & 3D CFD simulation, is advantageous but not essential.
- SME and / or start up experience and be attracted by the unique challenges and opportunities of a small business.
Suitably qualified and experienced Engine Design Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.