Up to £35K
OT Rate at 1.5xHourly Rate
We are seeking a Design Engineer to work for a highly reputable precision engineering company. Reporting to the Engineering Design Manager/DO Manager/Project Engineer, you will be designing and detailing conceptual products, for our varying range of customers.
Overview of main duties includes;
- Support design reviews with customers.
- Provide technical engineering input and support manufacture and test activities.
- Support business development team in preparing technical proposals for customers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A strong background in mechanical design of Jigs/Fixtures for machining, assembly tooling, test-rigs, inspection media (ICY) preferably in the automotive/aerospace industry.
- Previous experience with Work holding/BIW/Inspection media/Test rigs.
- Relevant supporting qualifications in mechanical engineering.
- The ability to quickly understand new technical concepts is essential.
- Experience working with the following software packages;
- Catia V5 - Modelling - Drafting-Surfacing- ideally.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible and driven to meet objectives.
- Ability to work both alone and in teams as required by the individual task.
- Ability to work within defined timescales to meet programme milestones.
For more information or to apply please contact Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.