Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Design Engineer will play a key role designing, developing and configuring products in line with customer requirements.
Duties for the Design Engineer role:
- Produce product/component designs from customer specifications through manufacturing readiness using Solidworks.
- Produce supporting detail drawings and BOM's for integration into product configuration and ERP software tools.
- Contribute to redesign projects in line with the business unit strategic plans and targets.
- Identify and implement opportunities for design improvements and cost savings.
Skills/experience required for the Design Engineer role:
- Design experience in an assembly and component manufacturing environment.
- Advanced use of 3D Design preferably Solidworks.
- Experience of sheet metal forming and fabrication processes.
- An understanding of electric motors (AC and EC) and drives (inverters) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of casting and injection moulding processes is preferred.
How to Apply
To apply, please do so online, attaching a copy of your CV and details of your current remuneration.