- Sector: Transport & Future Mobility
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 57282
Senior Design Engineer (Powertrain/Chassis/Transmission)
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Location: Warwickshire (Remote Working Available)
Engine, Powertrain, Transmission, Chassis, Design, Development, Prototype, Build, Innovation, Packaging, Integration, Performance, Leadership, Delivery, DFM, DFA, CAD, FEA, Manufacturing
Want to work for a forward thinking organisation that design, develop and build powertrain systems for vehicle applications predominately within the maritime industry, driving engineering excellence across their range of products? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Senior Design Engineer to help integrate their products into bespoke vehicles from concept through all test, development and launch phases across their UK sites following a significant recent investment in the business.
The role of Senior Design Engineer will be to lead the development and integration of powertrain units predominately within maritime applications overseeing all design work and project delivery. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
You will need to have experience of product development, engineering and integration being responsible for the delivery of all projects including new platforms and support for existing programmes.
As a Senior Design Engineer for both products and systems from concept to production, your main responsibilities will include;
- Designing and integration of powertrain systems into current and new vehicles to ensure the products/systems are packaged effectively to maintain functionality and aesthetical look for high value vehicles
- Produce CAD drawings and FEA analysis on non-conformance parts to ensure issues are identified quickly and resolved effectively during product development phases.
- Lead project deliver activities within the supply base and with cross functional teams to ensure the successful launch of products.
- Lead prototype creation to support the development of components to include gears, drive shafts, pumps, housings, casings and general engine components, specialising in the packaging and integration of the components.
- Investigation of new technologies and concepts to improve and grow the product range to support new vehicle development programs and enhancements in systems and performance.
This is a challenging and exciting role and we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate that they have the ability and passion to:
- Design, develop and launch prototype products from concept into production.
- Integrate and package systems into new vehicle without impacting functionality and aesthetical nature
- Make critical decisions quickly and robustly to support project gateways and milestones
- Ensure adherence to processes and procedures whilst not stifling creativity
- Constructively challenge the status quo
You will bring to the role:
- Significant track record in the design, development and integration of powertrain, transmission, chassis or hydraulic systems having managed suppliers and pulled together cross functional teams to deliver innovation projects.
- An understanding of mechanical applications, interaction with subcomponents and the packaging/integration of those products/systems within niche and new vehicles programmes. (ideally with marinisation but not essential)
- A knowledge of 3D CAD, FEA, CAE, DFM, DFA, product packaging and integration.
- A drive, commitment and ability to lead design projects from concept performing hands on design activities and calculations to support new product development, liaising with suppliers, customers and engineering teams to deliver results and meet launch deadlines.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in the design, development and integration of powertrain, transmission, chassis or hydraulic products and systems into vehicle and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Design Engineer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.