Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: Hungerford, Berkshire
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 negotiable
To design manual, pneumatic and cordless dispensing equipment. To follow the new product development processes from concept to production. To produce appropriate documentation to enable the production and certification of dispensing tools To assist the Quality and Manufacturing Engineering team in diagnosing problems and in making improvements to existing products.
Duties and responsibilities for the role:
- Ensure and promote a safe work environment and safe working practices
- Actively engage in Client Safe behaviours program
- Lead the new product development of handheld manual, pneumatic and cordless dispensing equipment from concept to production.
- Use of CAD tools to design new products with production of 3D models/assemblies and associated 2D technical drawings.
- Production of technical design documentation in line with NPI requirements.
- Assist sales/product management in production of technical feasibility studies and product proposal documentation.
- Definition of product verification test plans to enable products meet global standards.
- Assist in prototype manufacture through definition of in-house and outsourced processes.
- Assist in test and verification of products
- Work with UK & global development teams to improve existing products through continuous improvement programs.
- Identify and develop new technologies to support strategic product development.
- Work with manufacturing engineering and external suppliers to optimise product manufacturability and commerciality
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Ideally an engineering degree, or equivalent, in product design engineering, industrial design or mechanical engineering.
- Experience of designing electro-mechanical equipment or experience of electro-mechanical systems; experience of tool/personal equipment design desirable.
- Experience of designing for multiple manufacturing methods, including additive manufacturing
- Experience of managing both in-house and outsourced engineering activities.
- Experience of working in a Quality Assured environment using standard tools such as DFMEA, DVP&R, control plans, etc.
- Experience of writing technical reports; ability to write technical documents for publication is desirable
- Good verbal communication skills; experience presenting technical subject matter to non-technical audiences desirable
- Proficient in the use of CAD tools (Autodesk), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Competent in the use of MS Project
- Experience with MRP tools (SAP) desirable
If you have the required experience and you are potentially interested, please get in contact with Justin Wainwright or apply as soon as possible. 01268 889267 email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.