£24 - 28 per hour
Up to £28.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
Desford, Leicestershire (WFH Flex)
A Design Engineer is required who is proficient in light fabrication design, ideally with some non-metallic design experience. You will be responsible for delivering a significant portion of a Next Generation cab, supporting the Tech Lead in delivering the operator station solution for Compact Wheel Loader programs.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Primarily utilising Creo (Pro/E) and aligned PLM tools, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering cab component designs in support of CWL NPI and the occasional design solution for current production CWL and BHL machine platforms.
- Responsibilities for the candidate include supporting the NPI development machines by investigation of design failures and operator improvements. They will also support current production by interfacing with assembly operations and working with our manufacturing supply base to provide validated design solutions in resolving known issues.
- The candidate would be expected to contribute to varying stages of the new product development process including; requirements capture, specification, FMEA, design, development testing, validation and certification depending on the individual's skills sets.
- The candidate will work with a project team lead, supervisors and peers in a variety of areas including engineering, manufacturing, assembly planning, purchasing, releasing, engineering change control, scheduling and product field service support.
- As part of the role the candidate will be interfacing with both internal and external suppliers.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- CREO (Latest version would be perfect)
- Experience in light fabrics design
- Understanding of materials (Primarily steel) (non-metallic injection molding secondary)
- Be able to read structural design drawings
- Understand geometric tolerance schemes
- Be familiar with fabrication tooling - Weld fixtures, pressings, forming processes
- Competent in the use of CAD design applications (i.e. folded metal sheet design).
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.