£30 - 36 per hour
4 months ago
Design Engineer - Engines
Contract - 12 months
Up to £36.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
In this role you will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the design and development of new product concepts and complex engineering projects.
You will design and develop engine components and systems to release to production production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, optimised cost and serviceability.
You will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams and suppliers whilst contributing to the planning and delivery of projects.
Job duties/responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Conceives and provides practical product design applications using complex technical principles
- Prepares concept, design, development, and feasibility studies of complex engineering projects
- Release of product designs into engineering systems to a high quality and defect free standard
- Leads the design, analysis, and simulation elements. Prepares and maintains personal plans and is responsible for meeting scheduled dates
- Acts as the lead designer by interacting with Plant locations and various engineering departments
- Conducts technical evaluations of major systems on competitive products.
- Supports product tests with prove design and prototype build up and test component/system designs
- Provides guidance to other engineers responsible for portions of the project to ensure schedules are met
- Evaluates, defines, and resolves design and manufacturing problems
- Uses technical expertise and product knowledge to play the leadership role in the problem resolution process when interfacing with Test and Evaluation, Service, Plant personnel, suppliers, and consultants
Background / Experience
- Requires a bachelor or masters degree
- CREO - Proficient in 3D modelling/ 2D detailing
- APQP capability around risk mitigation tools DFMEA.
- Strong technical competence related to engineering calculations
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to gain a mastery of complex engineering and manufacturability concepts.
- Teamcentre experience.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.