Competitive Plus Benefits
Mechanical Design Engineer
£Competitive Plus Benefits
Design, Mechanical, Fabrication, Assembly, Development, Engineering, Prototype, Innovation, DFM, DFA, CAD
Do you want to work for a world class SME, driving engineering excellence across their fabricated range of products? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Mechanical Design Engineer to help grow the product range and support the delivery of strategic projects across all design and engineering in the UK.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer your main job function will be:
- To support the Engineering Manager through delivery of an efficient and effective service in the following areas of steel, factored products and flex:
- Engineering documentation
- Process Improvement
- Operational support
- Communication with both internal and external customers
Key responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer will be to:
- Evaluate customer requirements from initial enquiry and deliver designs suitable for manufacture whist meeting customer specification.
- Provide sound technical solutions to engineering problems, ability to identify alternative design recommendations.
- Create of detailed drawings for manufacture and assembly, have sound knowledge of welding principals and geometric tolerancing.
- Determine product BOM’s and maintain within Company ERP system liaising with purchasing.
- Ensure designs meet required legislative guidelines around HSE.
- Provide support during the introduction of both new and current products in manufacturing.
- Lead design reviews to communicate lessons learnt and action plans internally & externally.
- Support internal/external customers through good communication and technical data.
- Maintain and improve on departmental procedures and processes as required;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in engineering environment
- Competence in problem solving, planning and decision making
- Solid Works / Sheet Metal Design / PDM
- Knowledge of metal fabrication, fabrics and plastics
- Understanding and ability to work in an SME
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- Knowledge of LVD and Amada Press brake software
- Product costing knowledge
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the business
Applications will be welcomed from Mechanical Design Engineering professionals with a practical approach to mechanical design especially within the fabrication and assembly products. Interest in this position is expected to be high so if you have skills and experience required to deliver products from initial design concept through all development phases and are interested, please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 to discuss further or email Mark.Bignell@jonlee.co.uk
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.