£40k - 50k per year
Role: Electrical Design Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 p/a depending on experience + Company Vehicle
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to work for our client at their facility in Scunthorpe, the role will be producing preliminary and detailed engineering designs from LV – 132kV and liaising with DNO/IDNO to get design approval.
- The role reports to the Design Manager and involved with project cost estimates and reports along with Obtaining technical or major procurement item quotations.
Main Purpose of Role:
- Producing electrical designs ranging from LV-33kV. With knowledge of 132kV designs being preferable.
- Designer to liaise with the customer, DNO and construction team to ensure the design approval process runs smoothly as well as the design construction process. The designer will be expected to assist the construction team in interpreting the designs and will be expected to carry out audits when necessary to ensure quality.
- The role will include training of other electrical design team members, checking the quality of their work and carrying out initial sign off.
- The design engineer is also as part of his/her role expected to contribute to business development as required by the commercial team for new projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Producing preliminary and detailed engineering designs from LV – 132kV Designs to include the following:
- Electrical Design and basic protection design, Civil Layout designs and basic construction details, managing manufacturer designs and design produced by consultants
- Liaising with DNO/IDNO to get design approval.
- Leading on the management of the customer through the design process
- Project cost estimates and reports
- Obtaining technical or major procurement item quotations
- Assisting and mentoring junior team members in their development
- Assisting the commercial team when required
- Training/mentoring of other team members
- Technical and quality check of work produced by junior team members.
- Taking the lead on project design production, without the need for assistance.
- Assisting other internal departments with technical electrical advice.
- Produce regular reports to Senior management, such documentation shall include key performance indicators and a summary of design progress and HSQE targets, in line with business objectives.
- Producing high quality designs for approval and construction within time and budget.
- Managing the DNO/IDNO and assisting with the management of the client through the design approval process.
- Assisting construction team with delivery and interpretation of designs.
- Technical and quality checking of designs produced by others.
- Assisting other team members in their training and development.
Qualifications and Education:
- A highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent communication skills and be confident in a client facing role.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Electrical Distribution Design up to and including 132kV or possess extensive and specialist experience within 11kV and 33kV.
- Possess a Degree/HND level qualification in a relevant Engineering subject.
- Experienced in using AutoCAD software
- Experienced in using Windebut Software
- Experienced with using ERACS or other Power system softwares.
- Possess a clean current driving licence
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.