- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Creative design & styling
- Contact: James Randall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 07947 343990
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 01 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61593
£30,000 to £35,000 plus Benefits
A special purpose machinery manufacturing company are looking for a Design Engineer. You will be responsible for mechanical designs to customer specifications and amendments to current designs. You will have a strong mechanical design engineering background with experience of using Inventor and producing designs in 3D.
As a Design Engineer your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of.
- Reporting into the Engineering Manager you will be working within a small design team.
- Design and development of special units to suit customers specific requirements.
- Design and detailing mechanical parts and units.
- Conducting engineering calculations and measurements.
- Modification of existing designs to improve function, solve problems or reduce cost.
- Creation of detailed drawings for manufacture and assembly.
- Preparation of technical documentation.
An exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer with the following.
- HND or above in a Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering with experience working within a engineering manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience using Inventor, AutoCAD or Solidworks and knowledge of FEA Software.
- Knowledge of welding principals and geometric tolerancing.
- Methodical and systematic with good problem-solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure to meet project deadline.
- Positive thinking and self-motivated individual with good communication skills
If you are a Design Engineer with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today or please contact James Randall at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947343990.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.