£35k - 38k per year
about 2 months ago
A new Design Engineer is required within an established and growing company. The new candidate will be joining a strong, highly motivated and successful engineering team, who will play a critical role in the progression and future of the business. We are looking for an extremely motivated candidate, a highly enthusiastic individual who is passionate about engineering and can develop and grow within the role.
My client is an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test bed systems. The Design Engineer will study, research and develop ideas for new products and the methods used to make them. Working on a wide range of bespoke rotating machinery, couplings and test beds that must be functional and reliable, easy and safe to use.
The role of Design Engineer will include the following:
- Ensuring are designs are as cost effective and efficient as possible
- Modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
- Brainstorming design solutions
- Studying a design brief and researching whether it will work and be cost-effective
- Performing initial sizing calculations
- Assessing the usability, environmental impact and safety of a design
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software to create viable solutions
- Conducting and documenting formal design reviews
- Producing detailed manufacturing drawings and B.O.M.
- Creating the inspection and test schedule
The suitable candidate for Design Engineer will need to possess the following competences:
- A creative flair and design ability with strong visual and spatial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to spot potential errors
- Strong maths and IT skills
- Problem solver, self-starter and multi-tasker with good team working mentality
- Strong written and oral communication
- Proven time management and procedural abilities
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of design engineering and rotor dynamics and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Design Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.