£35k - 45k per year
8 months ago
A new Design Engineer is required within an established and growing company. The new candidate will be joining a strong, highly motivated and successful team, who will play a critical role in the progression of the business. We are looking for an extremely motivated candidate, a highly enthusiastic individual who is passionate about their work and can develop and grow within the role. The role will include design, reliability engineering, NPI, project management, testing and commercial requirements.
The role of Design Engineer will include the following:
- Develop preliminary sketches or schematics, layouts and detailed assembly drawings
- Operate CAD (Solidworks) to generate modelling and simulation of existing and new designs to meet engineering specifications using DFMEA, DFM and DFA techniques
- Implement best practice engineering design processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Gather all necessary information to develop cost effective and innovative designs to ensure that products continually meet the demands of the customer and the business objectives.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and to take action to mitigate risk and develop opportunities. Investigate new markets with research & development of current products.
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative Value Analysis/Engineering programmes on existing and new products for design and manufacturing improvements.
The suitable candidate for Design Engineer will need to possess the following competences:
- We are looking for a highly motivated, hands on and dynamic design engineer with creativity, enthusiasm, confidence and the drive to make things happen.
- You must have a proven design/technical/engineering background with an ability to add value.
- The successful candidate will ideally possess a minimum qualification of a HNC/degree in a relevant technical discipline with proven design credentials.
- Experience of electro-mechanical engineering.
- Design experience with Solidworks or similar software using DFMEA/FMEA and knowledge of DFM & DFA techniques is essential.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of mechanical engineering and product design and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Design Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.