My client is looking for a new Mechanical Design Engineer to join their design engineering team and help produce technical designs and drawing to customer requirements. The role will aid and support the Engineering Services department in all its daily activities and project-based workload, offering internal technical advice to all other departments of the business and external liaison with clients, suppliers and industry partners.
The role of Design Engineer will include the following:
- Understanding and interpreting the requirements needed with Design, initial costing projections, production engineering (both manufacturing support and constant process improvement) within the life cycle of a product.
- Generation of detailed design packs for submission both internally for knowledge transfer, and externally for commercial and accreditation reasons including test sample manufacture support when required.
- Working on single projects and as part of a team supporting all Engineering Services dept. activities.
- Producing drawings for new products/orders and sharing knowledge with internal technical, design, manufacturing & commercial teams.
- Dealing with daily internal and external Technical support requests received verbally, written or electronic including when required offsite attendance.
The suitable candidate for Design Engineer will need to possess the following competences:
- Ideally qualified to a minimum HNC/HND education level within a relevant mechanical or process engineering discipline.
- Proficient working with 3D Solid Works or another relevant 3D package (Solidedge, ProE etc) to produce innovative and creative design work.
- A willingness to take ownership of the tasks and responsibilities given to this position, with the drive and flexibility to look ahead and plan accordingly.
- You will be well organised with good communication skills with the ability to work within the Engineering Services team and to promote a positive working environment.
- Computer literate with good numeracy skills.
- Design/Drawing office experience essential.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of design engineering and steel fabrication/manufacturing experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Design Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.