Our client design, manufacture and supply advanced components for industrial applications. They operate in a number of key markets which include marine, energy and propulsion.
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will be required to provide design for manufacture within an ISO 9001 environment.
What is required:
- Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) preferred or Minimum Higher National Certificate (HND/HNC) / Diploma with appropriate industrial experience minimum.
- Substantial mechanical design experience within a 3D CAD environment.
- Application experience of FEA software is preferred.
- Engineering experience related to rotating machinery is preferred.
- A dynamic team player with positive attitude and a “Rolled up sleeves/Get it done” work ethic.
What you will do:
- Design for manufacture. Produce 3D part models and assemblies and detailed 2D component and assembly drawings, using the company’s 3D CAD systems (NX, Inventor and AutoCAD software) (other 3D CAD experience is accepted)
- Provide calculations for performance and safety considerations including FEA and FMEA analysis.
- Project manage new product development as well as existing products and individual one-off projects. This may involve assemblies for quotation requiring investigation work including the production of precise layouts, design improvements of existing components and part rationalisation.
- Embrace company VAVE processes to generate the most cost-effective solutions and designs.
- Produce detailed material specifications, product IOM manuals and other technical reports/documentation as required.
- Produce and amend Bills of Material.
- Identify improvement opportunities and participate in and lead continuous improvement activities including team kaizen events.
- Undertake other work within the Engineering department as may be determined by the department Manager from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the principal responsibilities of the job. This could include practical work in the test facility or visits to suppliers and customers in the UK and abroad.
For more information or to apply, please contact Gemma Skidmore.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.