Industry/ Sector: Measurement Systems
A new Design Engineer is required within an established and growing company. The new candidate will be joining a strong, highly motivated and successful team, who will play a critical role in the progression of the business. We are looking for an extremely motivated candidate, a highly enthusiastic individual who is passionate about their work and can develop and grow within the role.
My client is an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test bed systems.
As a Design Engineer you will be required to:
- performing initial sizing calculations
- researching whether the design will work and be cost-effective
- assessing the usability, environmental impact and safety of a design
- using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software to create viable solutions
- conducting and documenting formal design reviews
- producing detailed manufacturing drawings and B.O.M.
- creating the inspection and test schedule
The Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
• a creative flair and design ability
• strong visual and spatial awareness
• excellent attention to detail with ability to spot potential errors
• strong maths and IT skills
• problem solver, self-starter and multi-tasker
• strong written and oral communication, with good interpersonal manner
• commercial awareness
• proven time management and procedural abilities
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of engineering and design capabilities and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Design Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.