Job Title: Design Engineer
A Design Engineer is required to join a growing, niche engineering company that specialise in the research and development of gas turbines for use in green power generation applications. Successful applicants will likely be from a mechanical design background specialising in pressure vessels or similar.
Design Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Providing mechanical design engineering.
- Providing technical support throughout the lifecycle; from Supply Chain through to in-service.
- Working closely with suppliers regarding cost-down activities.
- Design experimental component and sub system rigs as part of an overall development plan.
- Hand-calculations to support mechanical design.
Technical Skills and Experience required for Design Engineer
- Degree qualified in a relevant mechanical discipline.
- A strong understanding of sheet metal fabrication methods.
- Skilled in the use of 3D CAD software and create component drawings to industry standards such as BS8888.
- Design experience of pressure vessels.
- Knowledge of waste heat recovery systems, heat exchangers or recuperators.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to develop their career in a highly technical environment. In return for your experience, this Coventry based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary package
- Private healthcare
- Generous holiday allowance
Interviews for the Design Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on this position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.