Design Engineers - Abingdon
We have an urgent requirement for Mechanical Design Engineers for an initial 6-month contract, for a leader in engineering services and solutions for the most trusted names in Aerospace & Defence to deliver solutions for their team in a High Tech client based in Oxfordshire.
The Design Engineer will take initial concepts through to full detailed design, including validation and
creation of manufacturing/assembly specifications.
- Design Support for various development projects for Engines
- Verification/ analysis of designs
- Generate 3D models and 2D engineering drawings for manufacture and assembly
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering experience considered
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Experienced generating engineering drawings to BS 8888 and GD & T
- Able to produce basic hand calculations to validate mechanical designs
- Conversant designing for low volume manufacture and assembly
- Excellent organisational skills including effective prioritisation of tasks to meet project milestones
- Ability to work equally well on own initiative or as part of a team
- Able to work in a quick paced, creative environment
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye or call on 01384446192
DISCLAIMER: Due to the nature of work candidates should be UK citizen/ EU Citizen/ Valid work permit holder.