Our client who is a leading global land Systems/defence company are looking for a number of experienced Design Engineers
The Design Engineer will work under the Design Team Manager and will be responsible for supporting vehicle design and integration activities across various products. The role will involve working with an adaptable team of engineers and technicians across the multi-discipline needs of the vehicle to propose design solutions to resolve problems. The role will also include creating high quality 3D CAD models and technical drawings, to facilitate parts purchase and vehicle assembly.
The individual should be in a position to be Security Cleared without the requirement for any special exemptions.
The position will entail:
- Using CAD (preferably Creo Parametric) to produce high quality 3D CAD models and technical drawings.
- Working with Lead Engineers to define test and validation requirements
- Using Design best practice to advise on design optimisation, manufacturing viability and cost effectiveness.
- Support critical design appraisals throughout the design and development life-cycle.
- Using Windchill, work to create/maintain a logical BoM structure.
- Undertaking and interpreting FEA results or other analysis techniques to help in the design process.
Experience, Qualifications & Competency Requirements:
- Ability to use Creo Parametric to produce 3D CAD models and high quality technical drawings in an efficient and coherent manner
- Knowledge/Experience of design - Including specifying appropriate materials and manufacturing methods, tolerance requirements and checking finished components.
- Demonstrable knowledge of automotive systems and how they work together.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Ability to liaise with and present information to multi-disciplined team members, the customer, and suppliers.
- Experience producing technical drawings to BS 8888.
- Experience with the Windchill PDM system.
- Experience with Engineering Change processes.
- Practical hands-on engineering fabrication experience and the design techniques used with these.
- Ability to perform Finite Element Analysis testing and generate test reports.
- Ability to understand Finite Element Analysis results and interpret into design requirements.
- Experience across a broad range of vehicle systems and sub-systems.
- Ability to use CATIA to produce 3D CAD models and high quality technical drawings in an efficient and coherent manner
Nice to have skills:
- Any knowledge of land vehicle survivability, weapon systems and armour would be beneficial.
- Previous experience in designing military systems, on/off highway, or low volume/special purpose vehicles or platforms.
- Knowledge of composite use in design.
- Kinematics techniques used within a CA package.